Internal Medicine Jobs in Florida
Friday · March 23, 2018
1 Job in The Sunshine State
Photo: The fantastic South Pointe Park walkway in Miami.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Charleston) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- The candidate would be expected to provide medical care in internal medicine or an internal medicine subspecialty as part of non-administrative work.
- The successful candidate will have board certification / eligibility in internal medicine or an internal medicine subspecialty.
- The physician chosen will play an integral role in the management, growth, and future direction of our large specialty medicine service.
- Citizenship: Citizen of the United States.
- Salary Range: Up to $400,000 per year depending on specialty.
- Education: Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- A part-time clinical, research, or educational component at the Medical University of South Carolina, is optional.
- Responsibilities will include working with the Chief of Medicine in an administrative leadership role to assure excellence in our 3-tier mission of clinical care, education, and research.
- Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
- The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Previous leadership experience is a strong plus.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Charleston, SC.
- In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life.
- The Ralph H. Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center located in Charleston, SC and our academic affiliate, the Medical University of South Carolina, are recruiting a full-time Assistant Chief of Medicine with primary responsibilities at the Vamc.
- Licensure: At the time of appointment current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Protected time for clinical or basic research can be supported based on interest and previous work.
- The medicine service is responsible for the medicine subspecialties with inpatient and outpatient consultation, dermatology, hospital and ICU/CCU medicine, and the emergency department.
- Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.
- Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
- The appropriate candidate will have experience and training supporting requirements for an academic appointment.
- Board Eligible/Board Certified Abim Internal Medicine and/or Internal Medicine Subspecialty.
- Non-citizens may be appointed when no qualified citizens are available in accordance with regulations issued by the Under Secretary for Health or designee).
- Approved schools are: (1) Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
- Excellence in Teaching and / or Research.
- Work Hours: 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
- Eligibility for Appointment to the faculty of our academic affiliate as Assistant Professor or higher rank.
- Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
This perm job opening was posted
5 weeks ago