Internal Medicine Jobs in Florida
Tuesday · August 14, 2018
1 Job in The Sunshine State
Photo: The fantastic South Pointe Park walkway in Miami.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Columbia) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Columbia, SC.
- The physician must maintain current registration in the State of licensure if this is a requirement for continuing active, current licensure.
- Salary Range: $200,000 to $400,000 per year.
- Qualified candidates should have experience and expertise in administering programs, clinics, staff, trainees, and research.
- Applicants must, therefore, only report attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
- Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
- The WJB Dorn Veterans Affairs Medical Center (Vamc) located in Columbia, SC is seeking an individual with clinical leadership and managerial skills to direct our Medicine Service.
- Physical Standards/.
- Position affords the opportunity to teach and for research.
- English Language Proficiency.
- Licensure and Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.
- Dorn VA Medical Center, part of the VA Southeast Network (Visn 7), is a 216-bed facility, encompassing medical, surgical, psychiatric, and geriatric care.
- This position requires a physician with at least two (2) years of management experience and Academic qualifications that would support consideration for a University Faculty appointment as an assistant professor (at minimum).
- In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life.
- The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- The successful candidate will qualify for a faculty appointment at the School of Medicine commensurate with training and experience.
- All applicants must be physically and mentally able to perform efficiently the duties of the position.
- Education: Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- The facility Director may waive this licensure requirement if the physician is to serve in a country other than the United States and the physician has licensure in that country.
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens.
- The service chief will be responsible for oversight, direction, and development of outpatient and inpatient services at the Medical Center and joint program development with the USC School of Medicine.
- Citizenship: Citizen of the United States.
- Applicant must be proficient in spoken and written English as required.
- Subject to change based on the needs of the facility.
- Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.
- Recruitment/Relocation Incentive Authorized.
- Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
- Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
- The Chief of Medicine will assist in planning and development of our long-term strategic initiative to create "Centers of Excellence". Applicants who are board certified in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Medical subspecialty, Family Practice, or Geriatrics preferred.
This perm job opening was posted
5 weeks ago